366 06.03.12

william booth college, salvation army

opened in 1929, on the site which previously house the hunting lodge of the prince of denmark (hence ‘denmark hill’)

built as a memorial to william booth the founder of the salvation army. designed by sir giles gilbert scott, the architect of the bankside power station (tate modern), battersea power station and the former red telephone box.

Leave a Reply